Birthday Tickler

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Dinosaur or Miracle Worker?


If there was one thought I had BEFORE I had a baby it was this... "That big, purple dinosaur is so annoying! I will not be listening to that at my house when I have a baby."
If for some unknown reason you can't figure out who or what I am referring to, it would be BARNEY -- the most WONDERFUL character on the planet!!! I don't know what it is about this show, but it stops Ainsley in her tracks. No matter if she is playing happily or if she is in a full on crying fit, she will make a complete rotation to see the TV as soon as she hears... "I love you, you love me, were a happy family". Once she hears that music all is well again in the Martin household! Needless to say we have purchased 2 Barney DVDs, as well as set the DVR to record every episode possible. If this is the miracle drug to cure my baby's problems I will let her be hooked for as long as she needs! I may have to find a Barney rehab for her one day, but I will do whatever it takes to keep my child happy.
I greatly appreciate the creator of this show and can't begin to imagine how rich this person is b/c I know every child has to have at least one video on hand at all times.

2 comments:

The Curry's said...

I used to say the same thing about Barney but Matthew fell in love with him so we gave in. Barney is annoying as heck but he does teach some good things.

dgable said...

How funny! You have to do whatever works!