Birthday Tickler

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

THIS IS A PACI FREE HOME!!!


I don't need no stinkin' paci!

So I have been obsessing as to how I was going to get Ainsley to give up the paci. She LOVES that darn thing. I had been trying for weeks to limit it to nap time, bedtime and the car. With a 30 or so minute drive everyday to and from work it was painful not to give it to her, but more for me than her. She would sob "I want my paci, where's my paci", so we would pop it in her mouth to keep our sanity. Well, she has also been notifying me on several occasions about having to tee tee, so I thought we would work on potty training this weekend. I was off Monday due to my babysitter being closed and thought it was the perfect 3 day weekend to tackle this task. She has a potty in her bathroom, sits on it fully clothed all the time and knows she needs some tissue when she "uses" it. So, I got up Saturday morning with FULL intentions of teaching Ainsley to use the potty. By nap time I had given up, BUT she went to sleep WITHOUT her paci. There was the light at the end of this particular tunnel. She then made it to bedtime and had not had the paci. Miraculously she went to sleep for the night without the paci too. From then on out we don't have a paci and she has slept like a rock every night. She has asked for it when we get in the car, but I tell her they are all gone and she seems to move on. I will admit my sister-in-law, Kelly, took her daughter's paci away about 2 weeks ago. I guess I needed that push b/c her daughter is 4 months younger than Ainsley and I could not have Ainsley walking around with a paci if the baby of the family did not have one. So thanks for taking Ann Elise's paci away, so it forced me to take Ainsley's too. Who knows when we would have gotten rid of it otherwise - college maybe!!

0 comments: