Birthday Tickler

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

29


Today I have entered the last of my 20's! I feel no different, but it is really weird to think about. Of course I knew I would be 30 one day, not today, but one day. It is hard to believe I have even been on this earth for 29 years. So much has flown by...some friends have been lost, some have been regained and many new ones have been made, school has come and gone, I have been out of my parents house and married for 6 years and I have carried and delivered my very own child to raise. It is really unbelievable how quickly it has all happened and as a teenager I thought I would never be able to "control" my own life. My parents were married 10 years before they had me, so when "bad" things would happen I would wish I had been born anywhere else in that 10 year period prior to 1980 b/c then I would not be going through whatever that particular trouble was, but now I could not imagine being anywhere else in time. We have all dealt with things that were tough on us in one way or another and they have made each of us stonger, no matter if we have been here 29 years or 89 years. As our preacher spoke Sunday I was really listening to him explain why things happen in our lives. Things that I have never been able to understand. Why would God let us suffer the loss of a child or a parent, the pain of divorce or the destruction of a friendship or anything else that hurts us. He said it was so we could give our testimony to others to help them through the same situations. We have to lean on God at all times and trust in him. He will give us no more than we can handle, even though it seems unbearable. We may not know the reason for our pain anytime soon, but one day it will be clear. I thank God for the wonderful life he has given me. I hope I can take what he has taught me, share it with my daughter and make the next 29 years even better than the last.

5 comments:

Kelly @ Life As A Martin said...

Happy Birthday!!! I had good intentions to call you all day, but I stayed distracted with tending to a sick one and cleaning out AE's stuff to pass on down the line. Hope you had a great day!

The Curry's said...

Happy Birthday, you old woman!! Ha ha! I'll be 32 in 5 months so I've already entered the 30's. So far, so good! The 30's are totally the new 20's. LOL

Lori Robertson said...

Happy Birthday, Colby! I forgot you and Curtis had the same birthday. I read an interview with Rick Warren the other day and he was talking about how all of the trials God puts us through help build our character. We have all been through these "bumps" in the road, and they shape who we are. I have to remind myself sometimes that God has a plan for us, even when we are in the rocky times.

The Segrest Family said...

happy birthday!!!!! hope it was a good one! and you dont look a day over 21 =)

Brandon said...

Happy Birthday...now go eat that whole cake skinny girl :)
Natalie